Tuesday, December 22, 2009


Will Shetterly has put his novel MIDNIGHT GIRL up on the Net, for free.
Your dad used to be the spooky-mysteries TV show host Professor Midnight. Your grandmother lives in the basement and only comes upstairs after dark. Your mom died when you were a baby, and nobody will tell you about her. Oh, and you have two birthdays, both on Halloween. And that's the part of your life that's normal.

But with this birthday, everything is going to change.
He explains why:
For over a year, it sat with a great editor at a major house who wanted to buy it. She said:

I don't just love it, I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Cat is one of the most kick-ass heroines I've ever come across. And talk about conflict and things at stake! (I keep having to tell authors to beef up the conflict because there's never enough.) First [spoiler deleted]. Then [spoiler deleted]. And *then* she has to make an impossible choice between two equally horrible fates. I love every single character in the book, even Ms. Arkan. I couldn't put the manuscript down. I devoured it in one sitting. Anyway, that's how much I love it.
Alas, her boss did not like it.
You can buy it or read it free here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back to The Circle Cast main blog page.



This page is powered by Blogger.


The Circle Cast Web Site