Monday, January 24, 2011

Anne Michaud interviewed me for the Young Adult Fantasy Guide about THE CIRCLE CAST and why I've always been drawn to the King Arthur story.
It's always seemed to me that there was a secret story behind the King Arthur legend — the canonical legend as we think of it now. I always thought it was interesting that King Arthur never had any children, but no one ever says anything about that. After all, the main job of a queen is to provide an heir. Guinevere never does provide an heir, with disastrous consequences. But no one ever complains about it. Why?

Well, maybe they know Arthur's not sleeping with her. And so to say anything about it would be to embarrass the King, and everyone loves him so they don't say a peep.

Why won't Arthur sleep with Guinevere? ...

Check the rest of it out here.

1 Comments:

Great interview. You've hooked me, and I can't believe I'd forgotten about TH White. Read tonnes of Arthur stuff back in the day. Looking forward to your book.

John

By Blogger Hepworks, at January 25, 2011 at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Back to The Circle Cast main blog page.



This page is powered by Blogger.


The Circle Cast Web Site