Saturday, April 30, 2011


I know that Game of Thrones is a big deal to a lot of people. And I have to admit that I only read the free Kindle sample, and watched the first two episodes of the miniseries (which seemed to follow the sample fairly faithfully). After all, there are people who've read all of the GoT books ten times.

But I'm not falling in love with it. Is it because everyone is so sad, and mean? Is it because I feel betrayed that after a promising start with "the white walkers," magic doesn't show up again, and therefore it's just sort of vaguely medieval without being historical? Is it because there is a great deal of talking and little action, and the talking isn't exceptionally clever or interesting? Is it because Sean Bean walks around with a single, pained expression on his face -- more or less the pained expression that young Emilia Clarke has?

Oh, well, I suppose I'll keep watching for a bit.

UPDATE: Just couldn't get through episode 3.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back to The Circle Cast main blog page.



This page is powered by Blogger.


The Circle Cast Web Site